Prosecutors release Paris knife attacker’s suspected accomplice
PARIS (FRANCE) – The suspected accomplice of a person accused of slashing two people with a meat cleaver in front of a Paris office building on Friday has been released, said a source.
The source said another person who is close to the attacker had been held, following a series of arrests on Friday.
As on Saturday, there were seven people, including the attacker, in police custody.
The incident took place in front of the building of satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo where Islamist militants shot dead employees in 2015.
The attacker was detained by police and he arrived in France from Pakistan three years ago as an unaccompanied minor, said Interior Minister Gerald Darmanin.
The source said a second suspect was also arrested and the prosecutors were trying to find out his relation to the attacker. He was later released.