Boy thrown from Tate Gallery can now stand without aid: Parents
October 31, 2020
UK

Boy thrown from Tate Gallery can now stand without aid: Parents

LONDON (UK) – Parents of a French boy, who was flung from the roof of Tate Gallery in London more than a year ago, said in a statement that he can now stand on his own although he is yet to regain his balance.

The boy, who was on a visit to Britain, was thrown from a viewing platform on the 10th-floor by teenager Jonty Bravery on August 4 last year. He fell 100 feet (30 metres) onto another roof.

Witnesses heard his mother scream, “Where’s my son? Where’s my son?”

The six-year-old had to undergo months of rehabilitation and fear.

“He can at last stand on his legs without any help or support,” his parents said. “Still, and only a few moments, because he still has not regained his balance in walking, but we are so happy to see him like that!”

“Regarding food, he now eats almost alone (after everything has been cut out and prepared for him) and, in a suitable glass, he begins to drink slightly thickened liquids! It’s a very important progress.”

Bravery, who was 17 when the incident took place, was sentenced to 15 years imprisonment in June after pleading guilty to attempted murder.

He confessed he had planned to kill someone at the museum to appear on television, adding that he had researched on ways to kill people on the internet a day before the crime. Just before the incident, he asked a member of the public whether there was a tall building in the vicinity.

Suffering from autistic spectrum disorder, Bravery is lodged at the high security Broadmoor Hospital.

Related Posts