Airbus CEO sees a 40% decrease in production over the next two years
September 22, 2020
Europe

Airbus CEO sees a 40% decrease in production over the next two years

PARIS (FRANCE) – Airbus foresees a 40% drop in production over the next two years due to the coronavirus crisis, Chief Executive Guillaume Faury was quoted on Monday.

“For the next two years – 2020/21 – we assume that production and deliveries will be 40% lower than originally planned,” Faury told Die Welt newspaper.

Airbus has so far said it could cut output by a third on average. On June 3, however, Reuters reported it was looking to hold underlying jet output at 40% below pre-pandemic plans for two years, adding pressure to cut thousands of jobs.

(Photos syndicated via Reuters)
This story has been edited by BH staff and is published from a syndicated field.

Related Posts