The verdict is out. And the result is applause – for the industry captains who are winners of Indian Bio& Health Sciences Industry awards and also for the Jury members who managed this tough task in a two-hour-long deliberation.
Since its institution in 2003, the BioSpectrum Bio& Health Sciences Industry Awards honor the achievements of the Indian Bio& Health Sciences Industry leaders. The Annual Gala Awards Nite on June 30, 2023, where these were given away is the most eagerly awaited event in the industry.
New Delhi, June 30, 2023: Leaders from the Indian Bio& Health Sciences industry were felicitated by India’s leading Bio& Health Sciences publication, BioSpectrum for their outstanding contribution to the Indian Bio& Health Sciences industry over the past two years.
The BioSpectrum India Excellence Awards now in its 13th edition, in 2023, is an endeavour to honour the outstanding achievements to the biotech industry veterans. The BioSpectrum Awardees were unanimously chosen by the Jury headed by Dr Renu Swarup, Former Secretary, Department of Biotechnology, Government of India.
The Award Ceremony took place at Hyatt Regency in New Delhi. There were 3 categories of Awards. Jury Awards – selected by the Jury and Ranking Awards given on the basis of the BioSpectrum annual industry survey the results of which are published in the April & June 2023 issues of BioSpectrum. The award winner profiles are published in the July 2023 issue of BioSpectrum. The third category – Special Recognition Awards are given to organisations/ companies we believe will lead the way in the near future, not only in India but globally.
Details of Award winners
BioSpectrum Jury Award Winners
- Lifetime Achievement Award- Dr K I Varaprasad Reddy, Founder, Shantha Biotechnics
- Businessperson of the Year – Dr Krishna Ella, Chairman & Managing Director, Bharat Biotech
- Entrepreneur of the Year – Hasmukh Rawal, MD, Mylab Discovery Solutions
- Woman Entrepreneur of the Year 2020- Dr Rachana Tripathi, Co-Founder, Huwel Lifesciences
- Product of the Year – Covaxin by Bharat Biotech
- Young Woman Scientist of the Year 2020- Dr Ritu Trivedi, Principal Scientist, Central Drug Research Institute
- Businessperson of the Year – Mahima Datla, Managing Director, Biological E
- Entrepreneur of the Year – Dr Anand Anankumar, Co-founder, Bugworks Research
- Woman Entrepreneur of the Year – Geethanjali Radhakrishnan, Founder, Adiuvo Diagnostics
- Product of the Year – SSI Mantra Surgical Robotic System by SS Innovations
- Young Woman Scientist of the Year 2021- Dr Pragya D Yadav, Scientist-F, National Institute of Virology
The panel of experts within the jury consisted of six members from different industry verticals including academics, investments, policy makers, consultants and incubators. Chaired by Dr Renu Swarup, Former Secretary, Department of Biotechnology, Government of India, the jury panel members included- Dr Nilima A Kshirsagar, National Chair of Clinical Pharmacology, Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR); Dr Taslimarif Saiyed, Chief Executive Officer & Director, Centre for Cellular and Molecular Platforms (C-CAMP); Nitin Deshmukh, Advisor – Private Equity, Kotak Investment; Sujay Shetty, Global Health Industries Advisory Leader, Partner, PwC India; and Dr Pramod Garg, Executive Director, Translational Health Science & Technology Institute.
The panel members picked out the winners for both FY 20-21 and FY 21-22 across six categories. Talking about the BioSpecrum Excellence Awards 2023, Ravindra Boratkar, Publisher and Managing Editor, BioSpectrum India, MM Activ Sci-Tech Communications, New Delhi said “India’s bioeconomy is poised to touch $300billion by 2030 and with its rising innovation and scientific temper, India is set to join the global wave of a new industrial revolution. India is emerging as the world’s major bioeconomy with fast growing biotech startups. The number of biotech startups has increased from 50 to 5,000 in the last 8 years. India has the potential to move from 5,000 to 50,000 biotech startup sector. Considering this growth, BioSpectrum also wants to be part of this growth journey of the Bio& Health Sciences startup ecosystem and contribute in different aspects like skill development, mentoring, investments to take it to the next level. We are launching MMA Spectrum Foundation to become a partner of this progress of Bio& Health Sciences startups ecosystem.”
Industry Ranking Award Winners (for FY 20-21 & FY 21-22)
Top Indian Biopharma Company- Serum Institute of India (For FY 20-21 & FY 21-22)
- Top MNC Biopharma Company- Sanofi Healthcare (For FY 20-21)
- Top MNC Biopharma Company- Novo Nordisk (For FY 21-22)
Industrial Enzyme sector
Top Indian Industrial Enzyme Company- Rossari Biotech (For FY 20-21 & FY 21-22)
- Top MNC Industrial Enzyme Company- Novozymes South Asia (For FY 20-21 & FY 21-22)
- Top Indian BioServices Company- Piramal Pharma Solutions (For FY 20-21 &; FY 21-22)
- Top MNC BioServices Company- IQVIA RDS (India) (For FY 20-21 & FY 21-22)
Medical Devices & Diagnostics sector
- Top Indian Medical Devices & Diagnostics Company- Transasia Bio-Medicals (For FY 20-21 & FY 21-22)
- Top BioSupplier Principal Company- Waters Corporation (For FY 20-21)
- Top BioSupplier Distributor Company- Genetix Biotech Asia (For FY 20-21 & FY 21-22)
- Top Bioincubator (Private Sector)- Venture Center Pune (FY 20-21)
- Top Bioincubator (Private Sector)- KIIT Technology Business Incubator (FY 21-22)
- Top Bioincubator (Public Sector)- Bangalore Bioinnovation Centre (FY 20-21)
- Top Bioincubator (Public Sector)- Centre for Cellular and Molecular Platforms (FY 21-22)
Special Recognition Award Winners
- Bioinnovation Leader of the Year- Dr Jitendra Kumar, Managing Director, Bangalore Bioinnovation Centre
- Industry Leader of the Year- Dr Gangadhar M Warke, Chief Executive Officer, HiMedia Laboratories
- Best Innovator for COVID-19 Solutions – Dr Vishal G Warke, Director- R&D, Cell Culture & Immunology, HiMedia Laboratories
- Emerging Biostartup- Qure.ai (Powered by Biostartups)
- Special Recognition in Cell & Gene Therapy- ReGrow Biosciences
- Best Workplace in Bio & Health Science business – Siemens Healthineers, India (Powered by Biojobs)
- Digital Disruptors of the Year- Thermo Fisher Scientific, India
- Excellence in MedTech Innovation- Dräger India
- Business Person of the Year in Life Sciences Industry- Amit Sehgal, Managing Director and Country Head – Avantor India
About BioSpectrum India
The BioSpectrum India edition was launched in March 2003 and is India’s first comprehensive biotech business monthly magazine. It provides comprehensive coverage of the exciting happenings in life sciences, which include BioPharma, BioAgriculture, BioInformatics, BioIndustrial, BioSuppliers and BioServices and showcases the emerging Indian entrepreneurship in the biotech industry. In a short time, BioSpectrum has emerged as the most preferred platform to engage the life sciences industry in India and the Asia Pacific. It is also widely accepted by the research and academic community. Top key policymakers in the Central and State government use the magazine as a platform to reach out to the Indian Biotech Industry. BioSpectrum has columns by Indian’s top policymakers, biotechnology professionals, scientists and NGOs. Readers of BioSpectrum are from among the key Policy Makers, Key Executives and the Influencer’s in Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical Companies, Research Heads of Clinical Research, Clinical Trials and Contract Manufacturing Organizations, Educational Institutes, Consultants, Fund Managers etc. www.biospectrumindia.com
About MM Activ Sci-Tech Communications Pvt Ltd
After serving as Brand Consultants for 11 years to some of the top companies in the field of Food & Milk Products, Edible Oil, Spices & Herbs, FMCG, Real Estate, Gems & Jewellery and other range of products, MM Activ Sci-Tech Communications was Co-Founded by four marketing and Advertising professionals at the beginning of the new millennium. They were inspired by none other than Dr. R.A. Mashelkar, Former DG, CSIR to commit to the promotion of Science and Innovation. Since then MM Activ Sci-Tech Communications is India’s leading Tech Media and Events company. In the last 20 years, since its inception, MM Activ has curated over 100 National & International Technology Conventions with a special focus on AGRO-Food-Nutraceuticals and Biotech. MM Activ is the publisher of leading B2B digital and print media viz; BioSpectrum, nuFFOODS Spectrum and AgroSpectrum from India and Singapore catering to the APAC region. MM Activ has also engaged in other Frontier Technology events in sectors like Sustainable Chemistry, Transport & Logistics, MRO, IT & Electronics, Nanotechnology, Renewable Energy, Space Technology, Water, R&D and Higher Education. MM Activ Group company Asian Conventions And Expositions Pvt Ltd (ACE) now operates Mumbai’s integrated CIDCO Convention Centre spread over sprawling 7.6 hectares. MM Activ Group is now looking to venture into the Manufacturing and Marketing of products in Agro & Food Processing as well as Hygiene and Public Health domain.
For Queries on this Press Release:
Dr Milind Kokje, Group Editor, BioSpectrum; Tel: +91 9819169222
Mr Narayan Kulkarni, Editor, BioSpectrum; Tel: +91-9900966222
Dr Manbeena Chawla, Executive Editor, BioSpectrum; Tel: +91-8861043732